There is no church at present in Akeley and services are usually held in the school hall, although they are sometimes held in the village hall. Services are normally held at 9:30 am on the second and fourth Sundays of the month. Please see the Parish Calendar for this month's arrangements
From Victoria County History (1927)
There are several 17th-century cottages and houses in the village, some timber-framed and some of stone, with thatched or tiled roofs. The manor-house is a 17th-century house, originally built of stone, but it has now been refronted in brick. Some of the original mullioned windows remain.
There is a Wesleyan chapel, built in 1828, at Duck End, close to the churchyard.
About half a mile north-west of the village lies Stockholt Farm, all that remains of the once important manor and district of Stockholt. As its name would imply, it was that wooded part of Akeley which extended into Whittlewood Forest, and was probably included in the woodland for 806 swine which appertained to Akeley Manor in 1086.